Manning Clark House’s 2012-2014 Strategic Directions
Our Vision – who we are
Manning Clark House is:
- A symbolic family home that is a gathering place for the Canberra community to generate and share ideas with the wider Australian Community.
- A dynamic value adding partnership between the Australian National University, the Clark Family, the cultural community of Canberra and other organizations that support our Mission.
- We are recognized nationally as providing leadership and support for the vigorous discussion and debate of contemporary issues in Australian society.
Our Mission – what we do
Manning Clark House continues to build on Manning and Dymphna Clark’s example by promoting a wide-ranging program of intellectual, cultural and social activities in Canberra and elsewhere in Australia.
Our Core Values – what’s important to us
Manning Clark House endorses the following principles that guide our individual behavior, and collectively, our culture and work environment:
- Being inclusive of others and their ideas
- Sharing especially of ideas
- Having collaborative partnerships
- Encouraging contemporary debate
- Having strong family values
- Ensuring scholarly discipline
- Being Canberra-based and Australian focused
- Keeping our heart in Manning Clark House and sharing this passion throughout Australia.
Our 2012-2014 Program priorities intersect across the following areas:
- Australian history
- Artistic endeavour in all forms
- Australia’s place in the world
- Discussion and debate
- Human rights
- Indigenous engagement
- Research and Leadership in all of the above and issues associated with the environment, the humanities and the sciences.